Introduction to the FASRC Cluster — Online
This online training covers various aspects of accessing and using the FASRC cluster, our 100K+ core computer cluster:
- Access and Login
- Placing files, filesystems, and storage
- Selecting and/or installing software
- Determining resource requirements (time, RAM, partition)
- Writing SLURM submission scripts
- Troubleshooting, pitfalls, and acceptable use
- Methods for obtaining help
Although we will touch on the documentation listed below, the goal of this training is to provide a unified synthesis of this material to help you understand how you can use the compute resources effectively & efficiently.
Please note that if you are working with confidential information or have a Data Usage Agreement (DUA), you must make an appointment with RC for a discussion on the execution of the DUA and for further training.
Watch the Video
The following videos are to get you started and develop an understanding of FASRC cluster.
Getting started on the FASRC cluster
- Describe the structure of a compute cluster
- Log in to the cluster (Quick Start Guide)
- Demonstrate how to start an interactive session with the SLURM job scheduler.
Introduction to FASRC Cluster Storage
If you are vision or hearing-impaired, please contact Submit a Help Ticket through our Portal or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to make alternative arrangements.
The above videos were created in collaboration with Harvard Chan Bioinformatics Core and special thanks to Radhika Khetani for her work and leadership on this project.
HUIT IT security policy
VPR data security policy