How do I request membership in an additional lab group?
If you have a FAS RC account already (multiple accounts are not allowed) and need to request membership in an additional group, you can do so from our Portal.
- Log into the Portal and select ‘Cluster Access’ on the left (or click here: https://portal.rc.fas.harvard.edu/request/ )
- Two new links should appear on the left
– My Grants – Shows you all your current grants/memberships
– Add Grants – Lets you request new grants/memberships
- Find the grant you wish to add and select its check box. A window will pop up allowing you to Cancel or Request Selected.
After clicking Request Selected, an approval message will be sent to the group’s approver (usually the PI, their lab manager, admin, etc.) Once they approve your request, you will receive a notification via email.
You can check the status of your request by clicking on the My Grants link at any time.
You can also use the procedure above to request Cluster Access if you do not currently have it. Go to Add Grants, Click ‘Cluster’ (if it does not appear, then you already have cluster access) to select the ‘FASRC cluster access’ checkbox. If you cannot log into the cluster via SSH/SCP/etc. this is likely why.
For SPINAL access questions, please see: Instrument SignUp/SPINAL