Search Docs by Keyword
- OpenAuth setup and revoking token
If you have a new computer or phone and need to re-download the OpenAuth java applet or re-add your token to Google Authenticator/Duo Mobile, the steps are the same.See the OpenAuth Setup page to re-request your token download/QR code.
- Synchronizing Clocks
- New phone/computer? Re-downloading or re-adding your token on a new device.
- Manual Token Setup (Advanced, Not Recomended)
OSX Error Message
With the gui installer, Mac OSX 10.8 and above users may receive one of two error messages. In those cases you will need to open the app differently the first time you run it:
- “The app cannot be opened, as it’s from an unknown developer”
See the Apple documentation for your version of Mac OSX here: Open a Mac app from an unidentified developer
- “JAuth OpenAuth Desktop Client Installer” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should eject the disk image.”
- Got to System Preferences and click Security & Privacy
- If “Allow apps to be downloaded from” is grayed out, click the lock at bottom to unlock this pane.
- Note what it’s currently set to and then change the option to ‘Anywhere’ and confirm the change when prompted.
- Run the installer now (and click Open or OK when dialogue pops up).
- Once complete, go back to the Security & Privacy pane and change the setting back to its previous setting.