Search Docs by Keyword
Get a FASSE Account and Project Group
Set up your account
- Get an FASRC account if you do not already have one
- Set or reset your FASRC password: https://portal.rc.fas.harvard.edu/p3/pwreset/
- Set up 2 factor authentication, which is also called 2FA: https://docs.rc.fas.harvard.edu/kb/openauth/
- Get your VPN working: https://docs.rc.fas.harvard.edu/kb/vpn-setup/
- You will not be able to log into the FASSE VPN until you are a member of a FASSE project group, but you can log into the general fasrc VPN realm following the above instructions.
Set up or join a project group
If you do not have a group for your project:
If you want to join an existing project group
- Navigate to the Add Grants page in portal
- Find the project group you want to be added to
- Select the checkbox for the project group you want to be added to
- Your PI will have to approve the addition. Once you’re notified of the approval, it can take up to an hour for your permissions to be configured. If you’re not able to access the VPN or your home directory, try waiting an hour and logging in again.